Monday, November 21, 2016

Reflection


Reflection


My reflection on my writing will focus on my Eat Drink Man Woman Opening Scene Script post. After reading over this short piece I have found multiple of grammatical and spelling errors and places where I should have expanded upon. Plus, the flow of the post could be better than what it is now. An example of a sentence where grammatical errors can be seen is “He jumps starts his day in order to prepare his grand feast, a traditional dinner which is held every Sunday.” The corrected sentence or a better version of that sentence could be “He jump starts his day in order to, prepare for a traditional grand feast dinner which is held every Sunday.” A place in my post where I could expanded upon an idea I was addressing or give a little more detail was where I said “It’s a typical Chinese Sunday in the year of 1994. The sun rises and the birds chirp softly as if signing a sweet melody to begin the morning day….” In this paragraph, I could have given a little more of a background to set up the scene and described the situation a little more. By this I mean what has happened in the year 1994, what does the cooks house look like, or maybe give a location of where the cook lives. I also could describe what the kitchen looks like since it is the main setting place in this clip. A minor spelling error can be seen when I write “birds chirp softly as if signing a sweet melody” when it should be “singing a sweet melody”. Besides these points I overall think I did a good job of getting my initial ideas on paper and stating them as clearly as possible. I think when working on this assignment that I could have revised it a couple more times and looked a little more closely at my post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment