Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Buzzfeed Analysis


Buzzfeed Analysis 

         Having taken a multitude of Buzzfeed quizzes and watched a majority of their videos I could say I am an expert Buzzfeedist. As a fellow Buzzfeedist my addiction for taking their quizzes and watching their videos has become an unbreakable bond. The videos I watched and will incorporate into my post are Americans Try German Food for the First Time and People Try Mexican Street Food.
         The Americans Try German Food for the First Time video peaked my interest because I have always wanted to know what people actually thought of German food and what better way than to watch Buzzfeed videos about it. Having watched the video, I was really shocked about how all the Americans compared the food. Each person had a totally different opinion on what type of American food it tasted like. I would conclude from this video that a majority of people did not really like most of the food or drinks because it lacked flavor; however, there were a few foods like, the chips and sausage, which everyone agreed was very delicious. I can relate with the people in this video because I have been to places where the food is very questionable. It is normal to try and compare the new food to some of the food you have at home. So, I completely understand their reaction because German food is not typically a type of food really pushed here in America therefore, it would require some type of taste to get used to it.

         The People Try Mexican Street Food was very fascinating to me because, most people think traditional Mexican food is basically beans, rice, chicken, and tacos when in reality, foods like tacos are not even Mexican but, actually, American. You could tell everyone in the video was at first a little surprised when our typical stereotype dishes were not served. However, I loved how they also showed what true Mexican culture and food entailed by doing this. A majority of the people agreed that the food was great even though some people were not big spicy people fans. I definitely can relate to the people in this video because, I love Hispanic food. The mixture of spices in your mouth and the way the food is presented is just all around amazing.



1 comment: